Are you going to study next season or are you already a student who wants to play icehockey?! Join the Icehawks! Want to try it first? We will organize two introduction practices in September/October. Use the button below, send an e-mail to email@example.com if you want to join or keep an eye on this page. We have spots for experienced players and players who are completely new to the sport.
Why should I join the Icehawks?
Year-round possibility to play up to three times a week for a very affordable fee. Students pay aprox. 80% less than regular teams, which includes:
- Canadian coach with more than 25 years experience coaching new players and seasoned players.
- Free gear storage at the ice rink. You don’t even have to take your stinky gear home.
- More than 60 new friends from all over the world who all share their love for the best sport in the world.
- Year-round off-ice activities: team weekend, BBQ, team dinners/drinks, watching icehockey together on tv or going to professional games.
- Usage of all the Student Sports Center facilities: free gym, free pool/sauna, usage of the van for away games etc.
- Inline hockey in the summer
- Nice community – the team becomes your family, as simple as that. You know that we will have your back on and off the ice.
Who can join the Icehawks?
Everybody who has a Sports Card. Look at the website of the Student Sports Centre to see if you are eligible for a sports card.
When can I join the Icehawks?
Unexperienced members can only join once a year in September. We accept new members only once a year to make sure that we can provide enough time on the ice for all our members, buy the new equipment in bulk and to adjust the practice to the growing skill level of our new members during the year.
Experienced hockey players
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Trail training form on our website and we will inform you if there is a possibility to join the team. We are always looking for extra players since we have three different teams.
The trial training
At the beginning of the season, we organize some intro practices where everyone (no matter if you are a total beginner or you have played for years) can try the sport. We will provide all the necessary gear and you can find out for yourself if ice hockey is something that you enjoy.
What to bring to the trial training?
Bring thick socks, long breathing (sports)clothing, like a tracksuit, and winter gloves (for safety reasons).
If you have your own gear (skates, sticks, kneepads etc.) please bring them.
What to expect from us?
We will make sure that you have all the gear you need and our coach Roger Provencher will explain to you everything you need. Every practice starts with a quick warmup and after that at the intro practice, you will do some drills and play some games. Feel free to ask any questions you might have to the coach, the players, and the board members – we will be more than happy to answer you. We can promise you you will have a blast.